Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Confession of Faith

I love creeds. They are Affirmations of faith that let everyone know where you stand concerning the issues of doctrine and belief. I personally think that Christian Assemblies ought to go back to the Apostles and Nicene creeds, as a basis for teaching and memorization. Yet It seems to me that both of those creeds are sparse in areas that are at least important to me, so I have developed my own Confession of Faith. It is far from an original piece, borrowing heavily from The Nicene Creed, but it conveys my doctrinal beliefs quite nicely
So here it is.

THE CONFESSION OF
DORIAN ANTHONY JONES

I believe in one God, The Father, Almighty and Eternal, The Sovereign Creator of heaven and earth, and all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, The only begotten Son of God,
Begotten of The Father before all worlds
God Of God, Light of Light, Very God of Very God
Begotten not made, being one in substance with The Father
Through whom all things were made, and by whom all thing consist.
Who, for the salvation of man, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by The Holy Ghost through the Virgin Mary, And being in the form of man was tempted at all points, yet without sin.
Who under Pontius Pilate, suffered and was crucified
Who yielding his life willingly, died, and rose again in three days according to The Scriptures.
Who ascending into heaven, now is seated at the right hand of God the Father.
From there He shall return to judge the quick and the dead. and establish a Kingdom which will have no end

I believe in The Holy Spirit, The Lord God, one with and proceeding from The Father and The Son.
Creator, Indweller, Life Giver, Protector, Healer, Teacher, and Comforter.
The Ernest of our inheritance until our redemption in glory.
Who with The Father and The Son is worthy of worship and glory.

I believe in one Holy Christian Church, The Communion of Saints, and the Ordinance of Baptism, The inerrancy of God"s Word, The Holy Bible, The Security of the Believer, The Blood Atonement, the Resurrection of the Dead, and Life Eternal in the world to come. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment